"Jesus is the only card I have left to play, but with that Card, I'll win the game." - Travis Allen 1981-99, Class of 2000, Auburn Adventist Academy
What would happen if...
Silly or Weird Challenges
- ...Jim had to deal with an unexpected fireworks display OR the same at a time when Jim's senses were whacked already.
- ...Jim and Blair got volunteered to help with a local church VBS
- ...Jim had to drive one of those itty bitty cars used by clowns and in parades
- ...Jim or Blair found out that the other had a stuffed animal from childhood that they still occasionally sleep with.
- ...Jim and Blair got roped into manning the cascade PD booth at the county fair.
- ...Either Jim or Blair drove a car in a demolition derby, no serious injuries allowed on this one, just lots of fear over possible serious injuries :P
- ...Blair accidentally gave Jim a post hypnotic suggestion when he had him in that relaxing state he uses sometimes.
Missing Scene Challenges
- ...Any or all of the Sentinel gang had to deal with Girl Scout cookies, horses, several children under 10, a lava lava (a wrap around skirt worn in Samoa, and other Pacific islands, by both men and women), a security blanket, at least minor owies, a pineapple, a zone out, a test gone wrong, all in one story
- ...Jim and Blair were to help a lost girl 3-5 yeas old, who found them by "following the big black kitty"
- ...A very dedicated (obsessed :P) fan of Sentinel were to day-dreaming about being IN a sentinel story, and suddenly, things were to get a little too real, a.k.a. A Conneticut Yankee in King Aurthors Court.
- ...Jim were to wear a lava lava (a wrap around skirt worn in Samoa, and other Pacific islands, by both men and women)
- ...we were to learn what happened to the red jeep after it was towed in Switchman
- ...We got to see the conversation between Jim, Blair, and Simon when they "spill the beans" about the Sentinel thing.
- ...Blair were to take Amber (from 'Iceman') up on her offer of a date.
Challenging Crossover Challenges
- ...The Sentinel met The Pretender
- Trish's Sentinel Universes
Jim and Blair meet the Pretender, and learn some things about themselves.
- False Pretenses by Dawn C False Pretenses part II
This is a sentinel-pretender cross-over, but in essence, it's a pure sentinel story with only a few brief Jarod scenes. The PLOT: Yep! Another LASH story. A LASH copycat killer is on the loose in Cascade. The pretender angle? Jim, Blair, and Jarod discover that Lash was a pretender, as is the new killer, and now the killer's out to finish the job Lash left undone (yep, Blair is once again the target of a psycho). Not Beta'd
If that link doesn't work, go through Blair Angst Fiction Page and look for the story.
- ...Quantum Leap jumped into The Sentinel
- To Protect and Serve by Laura Picken
Sam leaps into Jim Ellison, and has to learn how to deal with Jim's Sentinel abilities (not to mention having two Guides) before a killer murders Blair, Simon and the rest of the Major Crimes Division.
- A Novel Solution by Julie Jekel
Sam leaps into Blair Sandburg to change the ending of the episode The Sentinel by Blair Sandburg.
- Ziggy's Dilemma by Marmoset
In the year 1999, theorizing that he could time-travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the autumn of 1994, facing a mirror image that was not his own. He is now a young Rainier University student. His only guide is Al, a hologram that only he can see or hear. Sam wants to put right what once went wrong. But whatever can that be? Is he here for love or for science?
- Brothers in Limbo by XmagicalX
A crossover with Quantum Leap and The Real Ghostbusters. Sam Beckett leaps into an Observer for the Cascade PD, and finds himself in whole new worlds of trouble. For the detective Jim Ellison is more than he seems, the real Blair Sandburg is missing in action, and the only hope is a team in New York with problems of their own... (This story has can now be found in a fanzine published by Agent With Style.)
- ...The Invisible Man appeared on The Sentinel
Finish the story Challenges
- ...The Dukes of Hazzard rode into The Sentinel
- ...Bewitched twitched their noise onto The Sentinel
- ...Mercedes Lackey's Serrated Edge books opened the veil to The Sentinel
You can find more challenges at Jen & Suzie's Challenge Page